At iCanBring.com we are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, iCanBring.com.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
- What information do we collect about you?
- How do we collect such information?
- Why do we collect such information?
- Where do we store your information?
- How we use and share that information?
- How do we use and moderate your messages?
- Communications from ICanBring
- Your rights in relation to your personal information
- Questions and Complaints
- Data retention
- Updates and interpretation
- Contacting us
1.1 What information do we collect about you?
- Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us, such as when you create an account, update your profile, use the interactive features of our Services, participate in contests, promotions or surveys, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include:
- Basic user information, such as your name, username, gender, birth date, email address, mailing address, billing address, phone number and photographs;
- Messages and interactive forum information, such as discussion group posts, messages to other iCanBring users and information you provide in connection with activities and events;
- Other background, contact and demographic information, such as your occupation, personal URL, IM username, emergency contact, travel history and plans and other interests and self-descriptions you choose to provide;
- Information about you from other iCanBring users, such as trust ratings, friend connections, public references, and other interconnections and interactions between you and other iCanBring users.
- Information provided to us by you as a part of the identity verification process. This includes the identity document and images used in the process, as well as the information included on the identity document provided.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you, including:
- Location Information: We may collect information about your location when you access our mobile application or website, or otherwise consent to the collection of this information.
- Device Information: We collect device-specific information when you access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
- Log Information: With regard to each of your visits to our Platforms we may collect, in accordance with applicable laws and where required with your consent, information relating to the devices you use and the networks you are connected to when using our services. This may include the following information: your IP address, log-in information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, advertising identifier, information about your visit including the URL clickstream to, through and from our Platforms, products you viewed or searched for, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction and any phone number used to call our customer service number. We collect this information through the use of various technologies including cookies
2. How do we collect such information?
- We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect the Personal Information you provide us when you register to our Services; when you sign in to our Services via third party services such as Facebook or Google; when you place purchases and/or register domain names; when you submit or upload such Personal Information as you use any of our Services; and/or when you contact us directly by any communication channel.
- We collect information when you use our services: When you visit or use our Services, including when you browse the Website or any User Website, register a User Account, edit your Account or any listing and upload information and content, and/or download and use any iCanbring Apps and/or Mobile Apps, we are aware of it and will usually gather, collect and record such uses, sessions and related information, either independently or with the help of third-party services as below, including through the use of “cookies”. We do automatically collect information using cookies, web beacons (also known as “tracking gifs,” “pixel tags” and “tracking pixels”) and other tracking technologies to, among other things, improve our Services and your experience, monitor user activity, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Information We Collect from Other Sources: We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your iCanBring account through a third-party social networking site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, profile picture, connections and other account information in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party social networking site. Some of this information may be shared with other users. For example, they may be able to see your connections who are also iCanBring users.
3. Why do we collect this information?
- Operate and improve our Services;
- Protect the safety of iCanBring users and provide our verification service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide other news and information about iCanBring and other third parties;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the Services, which may include providing content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards; and
- Link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
We retain the personal data you provide until your account is deleted. Account deactivation does not delete your personal data. In some cases, we may retain certain information in anonymized or aggregated form.
3.1 Sharing of Information
- With your consent
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out their work for us
- With others who access or use our Services in accordance with the privacy settings you establish
- With search engines in order to index the content you provide as part of a discussion forum or public profile;
- With partners who run contests, special offers or other events or activities in connection with our Services;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; and
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
iCanBring is responsible and liable if third-party agents that it uses to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless iCanBring proves that it is not responsible for the event that allowed the damage to occur.
3.2 Social Media Tools
3.3 Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services as part of our Services. These third parties may have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the activities of these third parties and how they collect, use or share information about you. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Services and welcome any feedback about these third parties.
3.4 Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
4. Where do we store your information?
In principle, we store the Personal Data that we hold about you in the European Union (“EU“). However, since for example some of our service providers are based in countries outside of the European Union (“third countries”), we also transfer some of your data to third countries. This may include third countries where the European Commission has not taken the decision that such third country ensures an adequate level of protection (for example the United States). In that case, we ensure that the transfer is performed in accordance with the applicable legislation and that appropriate safeguards have been put in place (especially standard contractual clauses as issued by the European Commission) in order to guarantee a sufficient level of protection of individuals’ private life and fundamental rights.
5. How we use and share that information?
- When you use our services, some information about you is shared with the members of our communities, either on your public profile or during the booking process (e.g. we give your telephone number to the members for whom you will bring an item).
- We may receive and send information about you, including your Personal Data, if you use any of the platforms we operate or from other ICanBring entities and affiliates, for the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice.
- We are also working closely with third parties which may be the recipients of your Personal Data such as:
- our business partners who are social media platforms and which may provide you with connecting services, such as the connection of the information of your profile, from their social media platforms to our Platforms;
- our business partners who may advertise their services on our Platforms and to which you may decide to sign up for: these services may be any service related to our services such as insurance services, banking services, rental services, etc. For instance, we may provide insurance companies such as AXA with some of your information in order to confirm that you are eligible for insurance cover;
- our business partners who may advertise our services on their websites;
- our sub-contractors in technical, payment, identity verification and delivery services, or analytics providers.
- We only share your Personal Data with any of these third parties in the following cases:
- Where it is necessary to involve a third party service provider, for the performance of any contract we enter into with you in order to facilitate or extend our services (e.g. if we charge you any fees or collect any money from you in relation to any services on the Platforms);
- As part of the listing process and in order to provide the requested services, information such as your name, photography, mobile phone number and/or email address, may be displayed on the Platforms and/or passed on to a traveler or a customer (if you are a traveler) or a traveler (if you are a customer);
- As part of our rating system, the reviews you write will be published on the Platforms. The reviews including your abbreviated name and photography are visible to all visitors of the Platforms;
- We use analytics and search engine providers to assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Platforms;
- It is explicitly requested by you (e.g. with when using social media authentication methods);
- We may distribute parts of our Platforms (including the travel information you have posted) for display on our business partners’ websites through API or widgets. In these cases, some information from your public profile may be displayed on these websites;
- iCanBring may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (i) respond to claims asserted against ICanBring , (ii) to comply with legal proceedings, (iii) to enforce any agreement with our users such as our Terms and Conditions and our Privacy Notice, (iv) in the event of an emergency involving the danger of public health, death or physical injury to a person (v) in the framework of investigation or (vi) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of ICanBring, its members or others ;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and
- If ICanBring or all or part of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its members will be one of the transferred assets.
- In accordance with applicable laws and where required with your consent, we may combine information about you, including your Personal Data and cookie information, we send to and receive from our business partners. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
- We draw your attention on the fact that if you decide to share your information, including Personal Data, with us through our business partners’ connecting services, any of our business partners’ privacy policies and/or notices may also be applicable to you, in addition to this Privacy Notice. We do not control the collection and/or the processing of your information eventually made by our business partners on their own platforms.
6. How do we use and moderate your messages?
- We may review, scan, or analyse the messages you exchange with other members of our community through our Platforms for fraud prevention, service improvement, customer support purposes, enforcement of the contracts entered into with our members (such as our Terms and Conditions). For example, in order to prevent the circumventing of our online booking system, we may scan and analyse messages sent through our Platforms to check that they do not include any contact details or references to other websites.
- We will never scan or analyse your messages with other members of our community for commercial and advertising purposes. We may use automated methods to carry out the moderation of these messages, but no automated individual decision-making is performed in this regard.
- Cookies: In order for some of these technologies to work properly, a small data file (“cookie”) must be downloaded and stored on your device. By default, we use several persistent cookies for purposes of session and user authentication, security, keeping the User’s preferences (e.g., regarding default language and settings), connection stability (e.g., for uploading content, using e-Commerce features, etc.), monitoring performance of our services and marketing campaigns, and generally providing and improving our services. If you want to delete or block any cookies, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is also available at https://www.aboutcookies.org/(note that this website is not provided by ICanBring, and we, therefore, cannot ensure its accuracy, completeness or availability). Please note that deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies or tracking technologies may prevent you from accessing certain areas or features of our Services or may otherwise adversely affect your user experience.
- Clear Gifs: We and certain Third-Party Services may employ a software technology called “clear gifs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), which enables them and us to improve our Services by measuring their effectiveness and performance. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, however are not stored on your device, but instead embedded within our Services.
- Flash and HTML5: We and certain Third-Party Services may also employ certain tracking technologies known as “Flash cookies” and “HTML5”, mainly for advertising purposes. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing or blocking such technologies. Additional information about managing Flash cookies is available here. (Please note that this website is not provided by ICanBring, and we therefore cannot ensure its accuracy, completeness or availability).
- Behavioral Targeting/Re-Targeting: Certain Third Party Services and ad networks may display advertising on our Website, on ICanBring Apps and on ICanBring mobile apps, or manage our advertising on other websites. Such parties may use certain tracking technologies to collect certain information about your activities on the Services and different third-party Services to provide you with targeted advertising based on your interests and preferences. You may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from certain advertisers and ad networks by clicking here (or if you are located in the European Union click here (provided by YourChoicesOnline.eu). Please note this does not opt you out of receiving all advertising and that your opt-out will only be in relation to the specific advertising. You will continue to receive advertising for which you have not opted out.
- User Data Supplementation: We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and Services that may be of interest to you. Where we obtain your Personal Information from these third parties, we ensure that such parties are contractually committed to inform you that your Personal Information will be disclosed to us and we take steps to ensure the accuracy of your Personal Information before using it. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
- “Do Not Track” Signals: Please note that we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from a browser or mobile application.
8. Communications from iCanBring
- We may use your Personal Information to send you promotional content and messages by e-mail, text messages, direct text messages, marketing calls and similar forms of communication from ICanBring or our partners (acting on ICanBring’s behalf) through such means. If you do not wish to receive such promotional messages or calls, you may notify ICanBring at any time or follow the “unsubscribe” or STOP instructions contained in the promotional communications you receive. We take steps to limit the promotional content we send you to a reasonable and proportionate level, and to send you information which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you, based on your information.
- iCanBring may also contact you with important information regarding our Services, or your use thereof. For example, we may send you a notice (through any of the means available to us) if a certain Service is temporarily suspended for maintenance; reply to your support or e-mail; send you reminders or warnings regarding upcoming or late payments for your current or upcoming subscriptions; forward abuse complaints regarding your User Account; or notify you of material changes in our Services. It is important that you are always able to receive such messages. For this reason, you are not be able to opt-out of receiving such Service and Billing Messages unless you are no longer an ICanBring User (which can be done by deactivating your account).
9. Your rights in relation to your personal information
- You are entitled to receive a copy of your personal data that is in our possession (your right of data access).
- You may request the deletion of personal data or the correction of inaccurate personal data (your right to erasure and rectification). Please note that we may keep certain information concerning you, as required by law, or when we have a legal basis to do so (e.g., our legitimate interest to keep the platform safe and secure for other users).
- You have the right to object at any time (i) to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing, or (ii) to the processing of your personal data for other purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation (your right to object to processing). Please note that in the latter case, this right only applies if the processing of your personal data is based on our legitimate interest.
- You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data (your right to restriction of processing). Please note that this only applies if (i) you contested the accuracy of your personal data and we are verifying the accuracy of the personal data, (ii) you exercised your right to object and we are still considering, as foreseen by the applicable law, whether our legitimate grounds to process your personal data in that case override your interests, rights and freedoms; or (iii) your personal data has been processed by us in an unlawful way but you either oppose the erasure of the personal data or want us to keep your personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- You have the right to receive and/or have us transfer to another data controller a subset of personal data, that concern you and that you provided us with, and which we process for the performance of our contract or because you previously consented to it, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (your right to data portability).
- To exercise your rights, please contact the Group Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You also have the right to make a complaint to the relevant data protection supervisory authority or to seek a remedy through the courts if you believe that your rights have been breached.
10. Questions and Complaints
11. Data retention
12. Updates and interpretation
13. Contact Us
In addition, EU members can direct privacy-related inquiries or complaints to email@example.com.
Germany: Leonardo-da-Vinci-Allee 4, 60486 Frankfurt am Main
Nordics: 17269, Sundbyberg, Sweden
India: Sector 29, National Capital